I had a wonderful time filming at CUNY-TV studios this week in New York City for Smith and Sabatino TV and Radio about the state of medical practice today. Interviewed by the show's hosts, multiple Emmy award-winning, legendary anchor Rolland Smith and broadcasting veteran Carl Sabatino, we had an engaging discussion that ranged from caring for loved ones afflicted with chronic disease, how to navigate the health care system and be your own powerful advocate to the ever burdensome electronic medical record.
To listen to the interview, click this link. (It will open in a new window or tab on your browser or phone) (The television/radio show will launch in early 2018, so I will update the video then).
For greater depth into some of the topics covered, I suggest reviewing these articles:
- Read Want to Fix Health Care? Start Valuing Doctors! to understand why nearly 1 in 50 physicians expect to leave the field entirely in the next 2 years to focus on a different career.
- Unhealthiest Reality of Obamacare: Lack of Doctor Choice discusses the negative impact on patient outcomes when continuity of care gets further fragmented.
- To get the slightest insight into the inane overreach and evaporating autonomy, check out Government 'Torture' of Physicians: Where's the Outrage?
- Read Hospital-Based Practices Do Worse Than Physician-Owned Ones to appreciate the medical and economic repercussions of current trends.
- To understand further the devaluing underway and the adverse consequence of it, review The Word 'Doctor' May Not Mean What You Think It Means.