I was driving to my favorite bagel shop when I noticed a bright green plant nestled in the bare branches of a tall tree.  It piqued my curiosity, so my husband asked one of his bagel buddies, knowledgeable about a myriad of topics, what the plant is. “Why, mistletoe, of course,” was his response. “Didn’t you know that mistletoe is a parasitic plant that is always attached to its host tree?”
Holiday decorations, including mistletoe, mint and holly can be toxic if eaten by a child. Small items can present choking hazards. Don't be concerned by so-called "toxic" chemicals, however, such as plastics.